Here is an easy waffle recipe that tastes great using a couple drops of “wild orange” essential oil. This is one of my favorite essential oils because it tastes great in water and you can diffuse it to help with cooking scents in your house.
- 1½ cups oat flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cinnamon, optional
- ¾ cup room temperature milk of choice (light coconut milk, nut milk, cow’s milk)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops wild orange
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: milk, melted coconut oil or butter, eggs, maple syrup, essential oils and vanilla extract. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, gently heat the wet mixture in the microwave in ten seconds intervals, until it melts again.)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir with a big spoon until just combined (the batter will still be a little lumpy). Let the batter rest for 10 minutes so the oat flour has time to soak up some of the moisture. Plug in your waffle iron to preheat now.
- Once 10 minutes is up, give the batter one more swirl with your spoon. Pour batter onto the heated waffle iron, enough to cover the center and most of the central surface area, and close the lid. Once the waffle is deeply golden and crisp, transfer it to a cooling rack or baking sheet. Don’t stack your waffles on top of each other, or they’ll lose crispness. If desired, keep your waffles warm by placing them in a 200 degree oven until you’re ready to serve.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve waffles with maple syrup and nut butter, or any other toppings that sound good!
Did you know that most essential oils are NOT pure, even if they say “100% pure” or “organic” on the bottle? This is because there is no regulation on essential oils and companies can put a synthetic oil in the bottle and no one would know the difference. That is why I only use essential oils that use third party lab testing to ensure that only 100% pure essential oil is in the bottle. Order Certified Pure Essential Oils Here! Or contact me to save 25% off April@EssentialOilPrincess.com
Follow Me on Facebook for more tips and advice for using essential oils!