Who wants quiet and relaxed kids!? I do! I do! If you need a few minutes of quiet time try this playdough recipe made with Lavender essential oils. Most kids love playing with playdough and with the added lavender, everyone is in for a treat!
BASIC HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH RECIPE
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons liquid cooking oil (I used olive oil, since that’s all I had, but anything will work!)
- Food coloring
- 6-8 drops of essential oils of your choice (I chose Lavender because I needed some quiet time)
- Sparkles (optional)
In a sauce pan, stir the flour, salt, and cream of tartar together.
Add in the water, cooking oil, and food coloring and mix until smooth.
Turn on the heat to medium-low, and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
Once the mixture has reached playdough-consistency, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 3-4 minutes.
Knead in the essential oils of your choice.
Store in an air-tight container. (Storing it in the fridge will make it last even longer!)
Other essential oil options:
- Lime: for uplifting and energizing
- Lemon: for focus and clarity
- Lavender: for calming and promoting restful sleep
- Wild Orange: for uplifting and energizing
- Grapefruit: uplifting and relieves tension
- Peppermint: invigorating and provides mental clarity
Join my Facebook Group for more tips on using essential oils!
Email me for more questions/tips on using essential oils